Friday, June 27, 2008

So much for updating this every day.


Anyway, I bought a car. Got a Miata, as planned. It's exactly what I wanted - Sport trim with Automatic Transmission. I popped for the added ground effects package and rear lip spoiler. They don't do anything for the car except make it look cool, but that's what I want.

Oh, and now it's only called an MX-5. Mazda is trying to drop the "Miata" name, but the Miata die-hards won't let it go. But you can look at the car from end to end and you won't see a "Miata" logo anywhere on it.

Anyway, I'm tired, so to make a long story short, I put out an Internet request for a price quote and the dealer called me a few hours later with an offer of $500.00 below invoice ($22,170). I thought that was an amazing steal, but it turns out it was just a good price - but a good price all the same. I talked to him, we went for a test ride, and we inked the deal. I felt it was a fair price, so there was no haggling. They gave me $9,250.00 for my old car, which was $150 below blue book, but it had a few defects, so I accepted it. Altogether it was a smooth transaction. They came on a little strong with offering their own financing, but I stuck with my Credit Union. My payments are $70.00 a week, but I'm going to triple up on payments and hopefully have it paid off in a year.

No comments: