Thursday, May 22, 2008

I can think of better ways to burn up gasoline

My cat was due for his shots today, so I took him in at 2:00. While there, I asked what my other cat's weight was last time he was in. He looks to me like he's lost a little so I was concerned. They said 11.5 lbs., I made a mental note of it, and weighed him on my scale at home. He had indeed lost some weight (about a pound within a few months), so I called them back for an appointment to have him checked out.
Being that no one in the office knew the circumstances, I must have sounded pretty foolish. "Weren't you just in here?"
"Yes, but this is for Levi, my other cat."
"OK, when would like to come in?"
"Do you have anything today?"
"We have a 3:30."
"That will work. See you then."

What they didn't know was that the second appointment was spur of the moment, and that I could not have easily taken both cats in together anyway because my car is too small for a 2-cat-sized cat carrier.

Regardless, I went right back to the same office across town that I had just left an hour earlier. As for the cat, that story will be continued. They drew $269.00 worth of blood, but I won't get any test results back until tomorrow.

No comments: