Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A day of rest.

I am intentionally not doing anything physical today. The carport/tool shed combo is as good as finished, and just in time - I'm starting to catch a cold, and I would rather rest for a day or two than be sick for a week or two.

Yesterday I went to the beach to watch the sunset. People always think it's weird when I tell them that I do that alone, but I just like the atmosphere. I like the sound of the breaking water, the smell of the cool salty air. Whenever I look at the endless expanse of water I always think of the line from "Dust in the Wind," "nothing lasts forever but the Earth and sky." It's true. The sand, the water, sky, the clouds, the sun. It all looks exactly the way it has for thousands of years... and I think that's pretty cool.

No comments: